Derbyshire War Memorials
|  Home  |  Search  |  About war memorials  |  About us |  Other projects  |  
Memorial Title

LtCol W D Drury-Lowe DSO

Summary
Derbyshire War Memorials: a description of a WW1 war memorial lamp to LtCol William Drury-Lowe DSO in Locko Hall Chapel, Derbyshire.
Images
No images are available.
Locations
Last known location:
Locko Hall Chapel
Derby Rd
Spondon
Derbyshire
Nearest postcode:
DE21 7BW

NGR:
SK 40932 38641
(From online digital mapping.)
(Map opens in new window.)
Location details:
Locko Hall is between Oakwood, Spondon, Stanley, Ockbrook and Dale Abbey.
Type
Overall type: Lamp.


Overall condition: Not known.


Description:

A suspended silver lamp.

Glossary
Components:

Component Material Height Width Depth Condition
Lamp Silver - - - Not known.
Dimensions in millimetres ±5mm unless stated otherwise.
Inscription
[Unknown, in memory of William Drury Drury-Lowe.]
Conflicts and people named:
Conflict First World War (1914-1919) Totals
Action
Number died 0 0
Number served and returned 0 0
Total names 0 0
Administration
Custodian: Presumed to be the Drury-Lowe Estate.

Local authorities:
From WW1: Spondon Parish Council; Shardlow Rural District Council; Derbyshire County Council.
From 1974: Dale Abbey Parish Council; Erewash Borough Council; Derbyshire County Council.
History
1922: The memorial was the gift of Capt and Mrs J E Drury-Lowe.

9th July, 1922: The memorial was dedicated by the Bishop Suffragan of Derby, Rt Rev Charles Thomas Abraham.

2nd September, 1952: The hall and surrounding features were listed Grade II*, Heritage List for England number 1140431. The chapel is mentioned in the listing description.

4th August, 1984: Locko Park was listed Parks and Gardens Grade II, Heritage List for England number 1000681.
References
Derby Telegraph, 11th July 1922, p2: a brief report of the dedication service.
Comments
This record has been produced from the information in the press cutting.

Can you add to or correct anything on this page? Let us know.
Page © Roy Branson